Peaches & Cream is a blog about all things fabulous - beauty, fashion, style and everything else wonderful.



Friday 2 September 2011

Well Hello September

So that's it the summer is over (well what little of a summer we had) and it's now autumn. The X Factor is back on the telly, the maxi dresses and sandals are being stored away and the annual debate over whether it's way too early to turn the heating on has begun.
With the start of the new month and new season  it's that exciting time when the fab new make up and nail colours are launched and you have the perfect excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe.

Personally I am beyond bored of wearing pastels and brights on my nails and long for the gorgeous navys, plums, greys and particulary khakis set to be big this season. I adore pinks, oranges, corals etc but I just want a change.

Another thing I'm excited about are rich, vibrant lip colours. This beauty from Max Factor is at the top of my lust list - it looks so much more opulant than it's £7.99 price tag.

I am also rather excited about the base in the range - a wonderful looking foundation + serum. I have yet to try both items but will post a review once I get my hands on them.

Fashion wise I am determined this year to find the perfect pair of boots - some that are not only stylish but that can cope with the odd bit of rain and snow. This is a mission I set out to succeed in every year but end up with numerous pairs of boots that are incredibly gorgeous but are either too high to walk on ice in, suede that get destroyed by even the slightest shower or are far too boring that I can't bring myself to put them on. I am adamant that this is the year however so the search is well and truly on...

I know I shouldn't really say this but I'm actually quite happy about it now being September. Autumn is a great season; it means new clothes, new beauty trends, my birthday and the run up to Christmas. I know that when I'm knee deep digging my car out of the snow that I'll be willing summer to arrive but at the moment I am really quite excited about the season that lies ahead.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment