Peaches & Cream is a blog about all things fabulous - beauty, fashion, style and everything else wonderful.



Friday 16 September 2011

Barry M Instant Nail Effects Foil in Gold

I love nail polish and am all over any new trend that pops up so was super excited to get my hands on this little beauty. I love striking gold nails and have been after the same sort of finish from the Nails Rock wraps that I've tried previously but without the hassle of applying them.

When I caught news of this I ordered one straight away, impressed by the claim that "it is applied like any other Nail Paint but with a luxurious foil finish previously only acheived from a salon manicure" and couldn't wait to try it.

I really like Barry M nail paints and was incredibly impressed when their crackle polish was released last year. They always seem to be on trend and are so affordable with all their nail products under £5 (hooray!)

So here's my verdict on the foil effects:


Barry M say you only need one coat so I thought I would do this post based on that. It was just the same as normal nail polish to apply but dried really quickly (always a bonus as I tend to smudge quite a lot!)

After one coat
One coat without flash
One coat with flash


Overall I was really impressed with the product. It's so easy to use, gives a really good finish and is just £3.99.
Currently it is only available in gold and silver but like the Crackle Effects I imagine Barry M will roll out more colours in time.
My only complaint is the matte finish. Although I like this a lot and really like the effect it creates I would love a super shiny finish - kind of like the other side of foil so here's hoping Barry M have something like that up their sleeve...

1 comment: